General Cashier / Account Receivable
|Location:||Miami Beach, FL|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Free Parking|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The General Cashier is a vital position in our accounting department that provides support to all of our outlets in their daily cash and hotel revenue needs. This position is responsible for the cash handling for the hotel and maintaining accurate control of hotel’s cash funds.
This position is also responsible for daily group billing receivables, billing disputes, maintaining the accounts receivable aging and open balance reports, and performing month-end duties.
- Retrieving deposits from the drop safe and preparing the daily deposits following Grand Beach procedure.
Reimbursing cashiers for any due backs using Grand Beach procedure guidelines.
Performing unannounced audits of cashier’s banks at least once per month.
Counting of funds in the house safe weekly and maintaining the petty cash fund.
Providing change for Hotel cashiers and maintaining appropriate amount of change in the house safe as necessary.
Issuing banks to new cashiers and receiving the same from employees who have left or on leave Review Bank contract and cashier procedures with new cashiers.
Maintaining contracts for each cashier and a list of all cashiers with their bank amount and vault number.
Collect Petty cash from managers and process per Grand Beach procedure. Complete petty cash spread sheet for reimbursement.
Assists with month-end entries and backup as needed.
Maintain and audit the hotel general bank and process all change requests.
Reconcile daily cash deposits and track any overages and shortages.
Proper phone etiquette; answering the phone with a smile in your voice.
Effectively operate computer, printer, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, postage machine, facsimile machine.
Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained.
Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by management.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- 1. Establish/maintain files for Accounts Receivable clients, including Wholesale companies.
2. Bill Wholesale companies in a timely manner in accordance with each contracted terms.
3. Review Aging report daily and follow up as needed.
4. Review and confirm Company and Group reservation and billing setup in PMS.
5. Review all Company and Group contract details/track advance deposits.
6. Perform credit checks on all clients requesting to be direct billed.
7. Insure that Company and Group accounts are being billed in a timely manner.
8. Follow-up both verbally and/or in writing, on all past-due accounts.
9. Maintain all Tax-Exempt documents and track Tax-Exempt revenues daily.
10. Respond to all company Chargebacks and maintain Chargeback Log daily.
11. Handle all customer inquiries courteously, efficiently and promptly.
12. Complete all necessary month-end reports, including Tax Exempt and Chargeback reports.
13. Perform all activities in a professional manner and in accordance with company policy.
Must be familiar with operation of general office equipment; requires strong Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Excellent customer service and problem solving skills are required.
Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Prior General Cashier and/or relevant accounting experience is required; hotel experience is preferred.