Food & Beverage Manager
|Location:||Miami Beach, FL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Food and Beverage|
Directs and organizes the activities of the Food & Beverage departments to maintain the high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service. Plans and directs the functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation. Implements effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs. Ensures compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards. Helps ensure high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and ensure outstanding customer service. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff. Adherence to establish policies, standards and procedures are required at all times in order to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate policies and procedures and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow Team Members
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards.
- Freestanding restaurant experience necessary or luxury
hotel a plus.
- Strong food/wine and liquor knowledge.
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and
administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and work
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers,
some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse angry situations and collect
accurate information in order to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills.
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train and develop others required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts.
- Ability to write correspondence and reports.
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to employees on a daily basis.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Impeccable service standards and attention to detail.
- Professional, polished appearance with the ability to exceed our guests expectations.
- Proven ability to lead, train, and develop associates.
- Knowledge of computer programs used in property management.
- Pragmatic problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; Bi-lingual preferred.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.