|Location:||Miami Beach, FL|
|Benefits:||Free Parking, PTO & benefits avail. after 60 days. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Sales and Marketing|
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel or Business Administration and plus 2 years hotel management experience.
- MBA degree or previous Reservations Management or Pricing experience is preferred.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages and variances are utilized frequently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies, and ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and or certifications.
- Implement and support company pricing, market strategy, yield, distribution & selling strategies, and revenue management best practices.
- Manage hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
- Conduct a weekly Revenue Management Meeting where the current 120-day booking period is evaluated for proper rate and availability control.
- The Revenue Manager gives a synopsis of results vs. decision from the previous week and leads discussion on future issues.
- Prepare all reports and analyses necessary to conduct the above-stated meeting.
- Receive all definite and tentative group bookings and provide the General Manager with qualified analysis of how each booking will impact occupancy, average rate, and rooms profit over the dates in question.
- Review and approve all group proposals with Sales and/or General Manager.
- Collaborate with Sales Department on group rates. Explore and provide variations in the market mix which would stimulate additional revenue without increasing costs.
- Oversee and evaluate the effectiveness of any internal incentive programs for Front Office, Reservations, Sales and Convention Services.
- Then provide the General Manager with clear payback analysis.
- Assist the General Manager in making necessary adjustments to any program.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing, The Front Office Manager to ensure their departmental objectives and responsibilities The Hotel Management Group are met without having a negative impact on total rooms revenue management.
- Establish hotel pricing levels in all segments. Responsible for the daily room inventory management process.
- Actively monitor group blocks to determine rooms availability for sale. Monitor competitor strategies and data; maintain understanding of the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and present appropriate action plans to management.
- Monitor and communicate fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments so they can effectively manage staffing requirements and increase efficiency.
- Assist with the annual hotel budget development and ongoing results analysis.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
•1. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication/briefings and coordination with other departments.
•2. Interact with outside contracts: guests, Corporate Revenue and other contacts as needed.
•3. Conduct monthly departmental meetings.
•4. Attend designated meetings.
•5. Interview all job applicants within the department.
•6. Follow up on assignments given by Director of Operations.