• 1) Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
• a) All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
• b) All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
• c) All room rates, special packages and promotions.
• d) Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
• e) Room availability status for any given day.
• f) Scheduled daily group activities.
• 2) Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
• 3) Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
• 4) Meet with supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
• 5) Meet with departing Front Office Receptionist(s) to review business status and follow up items.
• 6) Access all functions of the computer system according to established procedures and standards.
• 7) Set up workstation with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
• 8) Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette. Answer Concierge and Bell Stand telephone when staff is not available.
• 9) Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
• 10) Accommodate all requests for information in a congenial manner.
• 11) Process all guest check-ins according to established hotel requirements:
• a) Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
• b) For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
• c) Register guest in computer and make appropriate notes on the registration card.
• d) Verify registration card information with guest.
• e) Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
• f) Assign guest room.
• g) Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
• h) Inform guest of room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
• i) Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets and enter information in computer.
• j) Communicate services and amenities included in packages to guests on packages.
• k) Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach form to registration card.
• l) Obtain guest signature for designated paperwork.
• m) Obtain Bell Person to escort guests and transport their luggage to the room.
• 12) Maintain guest history files on all guests.
• 13) Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
• 14) Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements, i.e. sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comps.
• 15) File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
• 16) Extend every effort to obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations for guests with reservations when the hotel cannot accommodate them. Follow established procedures for "walking" guests.
• 17) Accommodate room changes expediently.
• 18) Handle guest complaints according to the instant pacification procedures, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• 19) Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up within 20 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
• 20) Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly. Distribute hotel personnel messages to appropriate individuals.
• 21) Accept and record wake-up call requests; delivery to PBX.
• 22) Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of keys.
• 23) Distribute all guest and department mail.
• 24) Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
• 25) Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
• 26) Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements.
• 27) Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
• 28) Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel, i.e. special requests, amenity delivery.
• 29) Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports.
• 30) Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
• 31) Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to manager.
• 32) Process all checkouts according to established hotel requirements.
• a) Resolve any late charges.
• b) Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
• c) Settle guest accounts following Accounting procedures.
• d) Retrieve guest room key from guest.
• e) Request guest comments on their stay.
• 33) Process express checkouts throughout the shift.
• 34) Handle requests for late checkouts according to established hotel procedures.
• 35) Conduct group check-ins/outs according to established hotel procedures.
• 36) Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
• 37) Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
a. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
b. Make change for guest.
c. Cash guests' personal checks/travelers checks.
d. Post charges.
e. Settle room accounts.
f. Run closing reports.
g. Count bank at end of shift.
h. Complete designated cashier reports.
i. Balance receipts.
j. Drop receipts.
k. Secure bank.
• 41) Legibly document pertinent information in the logbook.
• 42) Run audit reports.
• 43) Compile Flash report, Revenue and Spread Sheets.
• 44) Perform computer maintenance procedures for Encore and Micros systems.
• 45) Successfully complete the training/certification process for this position.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• 1) Assist PBX with switchboard duties.
• 2) Assist with Reservations calls. Handle all Reservation calls after that office closes; process, record and follow up any details relative to such.
• 3) Provide Concierge service when no Concierge is available.
• 4) Assist in other Front Office areas as assigned.
• 5) Provide guest room tours.