|Location:||Miami Beach, FL|
|Benefits:|| Free Parking, PTO|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Food and Beverage|
The Barista is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guest in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. The Barista is also responsible for receiving and delivering guest orders and collecting payments.
- Serve food course and alcoholic beverages to guest
- Suggestively sell beverages and menu items; takes orders
- Answer guest questions, make recommendations, up-sell liquors
- Welcomes and acknowledges all guests according to company standards.
- Communicates drink orders to bar through Point of Sales system
- Request identification from any guest who appears to be under 30 years of age
- Remove dirty glasses, dishes, including lifting/moving of bus tubs up to 25lbs.
- Keep tables clean at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes at Grand Beach Hotel.
- Maintain behavior consistent with sexual harassment/hostile work environment policy dictated in the Team Member handbook.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, in accordance with the company's personal appearance standards
- Applies excellent guest relations skills when interacting with guests
- Observes hotel telephone etiquette, message, and call handling procedures
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow Team Members
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Ability to work late hours
- Working Knowledge of coffee/ beverage service, basic food service, responsible alcohol service, drink recipes and garnishes, point of sales systems
- Two or more years work experience interacting with people in a positive environment
- Tolerance of all cultures
- Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- Ability to deal with intoxicated guests in a positive and safety minded manner
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.