Accounting Clerk Coordinator
|Location:||Miami Beach, FL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Performs data entry of all AP invoices with accuracy. Perform general cashiering duties. General guest inquiries and charge backs. Additional duties include creating manual and computer records of expenses and payments, assisting in the preparation of various reports produced by the department. General Cashier for the hotel, daily deposits and reconcilliations
- Maintains manual or computerizes sequential log record of all purchase orders issued, completed and outstanding
- Obtains original copies of all purchase orders and matches same to related receiving materials
- Verifies receipt of all materials listed on invoices and statements received from vendors and suppliers
- Performs accuracy verification of items received, prices charged and invoice extensions
- Posts/inputs invoice data into accounting record daily
- Verifies accuracy of data posted,
- Prepares approved and signed checks for mailing in a timely manner (or as required by law)
- Performs file maintenance activities for purchase orders, receiving collateral materials, check back-up copies, computer print-outs and other documentation pertaining to accounts payable operations
- Do daily deposit for the hotel, prepare change orders and assist with bank counts.
- Prepares daily and monthly cashier over/short report(s), assists cashier when necessary to determine cause, informs management, recommends corrective actions
- Track all guest phone inquiries, address them to proper department, and follow up until completion.
- Assist with guest charge backs investigation, follow up and reporting.
- Ensures adherence to all departmental and hotel guidelines, policies and procedures
- Attends required hotel meetings to: keep abreast of in-house activities/promotions and events; maintain communications with other departments throughout the hotel
- Attends departmental meetings as required to communicate effectively with all accounting personnel to ensure that they are kept current with pertinent hotel information and activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
High School diploma or equivalent
Two years of experience in Accounting, thorough understanding of purchasing and receiving procedures
Superior cash handling ability
Working knowledge of computer based accounting software, Windows, Excel, Word
Ability to operate basic office equipment
Effective organizational and communication skills
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Preferred Fidelio/Opera (PMS) and/or Accpac accounting system.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.